Friday, April 17, 2009

Traction Control Connections

Weeling in mounted on my Yamaha R6, I still have to decide how to operate the Traction Control and how to connect it to the byke ECU.
Thinking and rethinking I had the idea to connect the traction control as the Electronic Shift units are doing. I found the following instructions:

so, if I have correctly understood the idea is to cut the power supply of the fuel injectors or of the spark coils.

Some friend told me that avoiding the spark firing could be that the spark get wet and therefore damaged... not really nice!!! Most likely is better to interrupt the fuel Injection.

From the R6 manual (2003 model), I have extracted the following electrical circuit:

(where "12" is the POWER SUPPLY RELAY and "18" are the fuel injectors).

The idea could be to use an HV P-MOS transistor and turn off the power supply of the fuel injectors as:


The driver circuit could look like:


Someone have some idea or suggestions?

No comments: