Saturday, February 28, 2009

Display It! (cont...)

Step by step I have also built an alluminium box for the Display...
For the front panel, I have followed the instructions of some other blogger and I have created a front panel design:

(I'm not so proud of it, but is a starting point...).

I started drawing it, I printed on transparent paper and painted with White syntetic spray paint after having protected the two areas that must remain transparent:

After 1h, I peel-off the protection tape (clearly I painted the back side of it):

Building the Display Box:
I prefer to build from scratch the box using alluminium and a bit of manual work: in my workshop I have all necessary for this...


The proceedings are:
- cut the alluminium pieces at the right size and with 45° angles to form a box:

- cut the glass and the rear sealing alluminium plate:
- seal it using black silicon rubber:


- seal also the front side (after having ptotected it with paper tape):


Is not yet ready, but I like to try it to check if it fits with the real display size:


(final pictures will come....)

No comments: